Sunday, December 5, 2010

Hoisting On Own Petard

It’s a tribute to us I suppose. We created a system that the world, and especially many of the real or potential rival powers, wanted to play in. No other power has really done that. Except maybe Rome.

Now that our greed, arrogance, and selfish stupidity have made us weak, they stand poised to beat us with that system.

My father always told me that the rich in this country largely care only for themselves and getting richer, and that they actually crave a new Depression and deflation. That they will bleed the country dry by their selfish and corrupt dealings, and then when the Depression that they have largely caused comes about, they will buy up everything (including labor) cheap to become the absolute masters of all.

I always thought the old man was paranoid. Now I’m not so sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment